Well I have finally done it! While Alex was out getting me a birthday present today I started our family blog. Needless to say is the reason for my title, I probably could have been making better use of my time! Oh, well this is my Happy Birthday to me. My favorite th
ing to do is show off my family, you know not the kicking and screaming in the middle of Wal-Mart showing off, just the nice pictures of my family that don't include the noise. I have to say something like this is a tad bit intimidating to sum up our crazy life. And I only have 2 kids! But I have a dog and that adds at least 2 more. And a husband (take what you want from that). Alex is loving his job with the fire department but then again who wouldn't, he gets paid to eat, sleep and watch movies all night, with the occasional annoyance (that us normal people call an emergency) from the general public. I on the other hand am a live-in nanny, a housekeeper, defender of the underdog, referee, chauffer etc. with virtually no monetary perks but with plenty of emotional satisfaction! Veronica is our soon-to-be 5 year old daughter who puts out enough emotion to have lived 3 lives already! But if anyone is ever looking for some good entertainment she is your gal! She loves preschool and tolerates dance class (she hates the ballet portion). We just signed her up for soccer in the spring, it will be her first year. Her favorite things to do are going to school, playing at the park, folding laundry (seriously I am not kidding, she took a towel to school fo
r show and tell to demonstrate her folding techniques!), reading with Grandma and dancing while Daddy plays Guitar Hero (Cache likes that as well). Our son Cacheton (Cache for short) will be 2 in July and he runs really fast in whatever direction we tell him not to. That is about the only thing he is interested in but he is really cuddly when he finally sits down. His favorite past time is eating snacks, not to be confused with meals which he wants nothing to do with, and he loves reading books. If he finds a book he finds the person closest to him, backs up to sit on their lap and says "read it". He is a sweetheart. And he looks like his Daddy so he is really cute! Other than the normal grind of work/school/play we have been trying to finish our basement and we are sooo close. We painted it last week and we have the carpet guys coming to measure it next week. Yeah! It is really exciting but I will have to continue this later, it's getting late.
Saturday, March 1, 2008
Why is the house so messy?
Posted by KK Hill at 10:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hey Karen, I enjoyed your first entry (saw your site address on facebook and thought I'd take a peak)! Your family IS adorable and your kids are always so fun to hear about! It'll be nice to read about what you guys are up to! Check out ours if you want to!
I love that you have a blog!!! So fun! check ours out if you ever want too... sladekfamily.blogspot.com
Karen - you inspired me to start a blog too. I've been meaning to for awhile now but never got around to it! It's a nice way to keep in touch!
Post a Comment