Saturday, March 15, 2008

I was wrong!

Well I spoke too soon. Cache is not over his sickness, not even close. I took him into the emerg this (Sat) morning because I was worried that he was dehydrated. To put it very mildly he has had extremely loose bowel movements and severe tummy cramps, which luckily kick in full steam @ 4am, and up until this afternoon had not had anything to eat and very little to drink since thursday night. I even got him a booster juice yesterday (US translation:Jamba Juice) and he would not even touch it. Although his sense of mischief was still in tact because he had no problem spooning it out of the cup and dropping it on his lap and then yelling "DONE". Anyways to make a long story short I have had to pin him down today and use a syringe to force feed him pedialyte 1 tsp at a time and low and behold he asked for a drink of water late this afternoon for the first time in days. I basically stood up and shouted woohoo! So I know this sounds wierd but I could not care less how long he has "loose stools" for because that doesn't scare me as much as my little baby crying for a half an hour and only being able to produce 1 tear (that is how bad it was in the middle of the night friday). Anyway things are looking up now, he was doing his nightly musical before bed tonight (he walks around the house with a book in front of his face singing gibberish) and he hasn't done that for awhile. Needless to say I am keeping him home from church tomorrow. Your welcome nursery leaders!

2 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

I'm so sorry he's still sick! Austin sounds like he has the same sort of thing.... we're just not sure if it's this flu that's going around or if it's a side effect of the medicine (both have the exact same symptoms) I guess we'll just have to wait it out and see. i sure hope he's feeling better soon! PLEASE let me know if there's anything I can do to help!

Jacky said...

Good luck Karen - hopefully he's feeling a lot better now. It's so exhausting to have sick kids!