We have been finishing our basement since about mid-November in our spare time with our spare change and we are getting close! Alex literally built the whole basement around the type/size of the TV he wanted. And he is getting antsy to finish so he can finally go and buy it. Hopefully i
t lives up to all of his expectations. I sort of burst his bubble early on because he wanted what I would consider an overly (is that even a word?) large television but then I told him what the budget was and if he could find that TV for under that price I would gladly agree. I thought I had won on the monster TV but the other day he informed me that he found a guy at the fire department who knew a guy in Sherwood Park who knows a guy on the north end of the city who has a brother-in-law who is friends with a guy with connections to the north end Future Shop and
can get it for cost and he is still under budget enough the he is obligated to buy a playstation 3. So I lost! Oh, well I just hope they don't scratch the brand new walls bringing it in. Back to our progres
s as you can see in my lovely pictures Alex has a little bit more to do on the electrical but the ceiling is done, the painting is done and we are getting carpet in the next two weeks. I'll put up some more pictures then. I cannot emphasize how excited I am to finish the basement! And then we are going to have a big party! Yay!
Saturday, March 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Don't you just love home reno's! Looks good! Hopefully you'll have a basement in no time! Good luck on the TV...the men always win Karen (good try though)...it never worked for us either! But don't worry, you'll enjoy it too!
You are hysterical! I love reading about your adventures (even though I get to listen to them too) :)
what is it with boys and their tvs?? hahaha... that'll be so nice to have the basement done! wish we could finish ours!!
Post a Comment