Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Catching Up

I promised my sister that I would put pictures of our kids new bunk beds up a few days ago so sorry for the delay.
Our kids didn't know we were getting them bunk beds so they were thrilled when we surprised them. Especially Cache because he went from a crib to this. It seems like he has grown up a whole bunch all of a sudden. We took his soother away two weeks ago only because I couldn't find any of them at nap time (he has about eight of them). After his nap he started finding all of them in places I would have never thought to look, it was like he had a secret stash or something. Over the next few days he would come to me with a new one in his mouth every couple of hours with a big grin on his face. At night after I would put him to bed I could hear him saying "Soucie where are you?" for a couple of nights but that is about as bad as it got. My next goal is potty training and it is not working so well.

We went to heritage days with my family on Monday, we have sort of made it a tradition and Veronica waits the whole year for that bus ride so we can't really decide not to go or we would "ruin her whole year". It was really nice out which made it a tad bit too warm so my Mom bought them the umbrellas you see in the pictures and they wanted their faces painted really bad so my sister stood in line with Veronica for over an hour which is longer than the face paint even lasted before it was washed off for bedtime. Veronica chose to be spiderman and while she was getting her face painted a little girl kept harassing her and yelling "spiderman is a boy why would a girl choose spiderman that is so dumb!" I was afraid Veronica would be offended and start crying or something like that but then she proved to me again that she is like her Dad not her Mom and she held up her hand right in the girl's face and said, without even looking at her, "It's Spidergirl, duh!" and the girl left her alone.







Poor Alex was totally sick but I convinced him to come anyway.

Last but not least here are some pictures of the deck Alex just built for the Patterson's over the past few weeks in his spare time. Their deck is almost the size of my whole yard!




4 comments:

Kins said...

Alex! That is a beautiful deck! Where were you when ours was being built???

Dick Family said...

Cute bunkbed, kids have so much fun on those!! Cache went from a crib to a bed no prob, hey? It's time for that for Keira...I'm not sure I want to do it though! That deck is AWESOME! Wow!

Jacky said...

Hey - that's my uncle's house. Funny. Looks great though!

Ashley Dawn said...

Is your bunk bed from Ikea? I think we have the exact same one. Veronica sure has confidence, there's no questioning that. Also, a beautiful deck. It sure would be awesome to have that, wouldn't it? At least you have a husband who knows how to do it..... maybe one day eh?