Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Canada Day!

We thoroughly enjoyed our Canada Day this year. In the morning we took the kids to the park in our neighborhood and went in the bike parade then we all came home and had a rest before we went to the Legislature for the rest of the day. Every year my in-laws invite us to join them there for a picnic and to stay and watch the fireworks. My niece is up from the states staying with us for a while and she has never seen as she calls them "big fireworks" so she was quite excited for it but the part she enjoyed the most was the waterfall off of the high level bridge. She ran through it with some of her friends and needless to say they got a little wet but she says it was the best five minutes of her life!

Veronica always poses no matter what I do


This is my niece right after she came back from the waterfall, Cache saw them posing for this picture and then I went to take a picture of him and this is what he did.

I won't put a pic of the fireworks, we have all seen them before, mind you they were really good this year! But here is a pic of my kids on the way back to the van after all the festivities, they were so tired. Notice that Cache's soother matches his outfit, that was totally an accident.

THE END




3 comments:

Dick Family said...

Sounds like a fun day! I haven't seen the Edmonton fireworks for years...I guess I'll have to make an effort to get up there for next year. Cute little shirts for the kids! Love that Veronica has matching shoes too!

Jacky said...

Cute pictures - we got the same little shirts from Superstore. I love their clothes there for kids! We haven't braved the fireworks with our kids yet - were your kids bothered by the noise at all?

Taya Jensen said...

hmm.. are you trying to mock the fact that I have pictures of the fireworks on mine? ..ouch Karen. Sorry I can't load any cool pictures on my bloggg. ..cause your computer sucks.. haha.. Jaaayy Kaaayy. ♥ you.