Veronica had her very first day of Kindergarten on Wednesday and I thought I was the brave parent who would pitty all the others as they said their tearful goodbyes but it was actually really weird. I thought it would be fine seeing as how last year she went to preschool and that was fine; but now she mingles with all the big kids and has recess time and everything. I was pretty skeptical (not to be prejudice) but I found out in July that her teacher was not only new at the school but he was a male kindergarten teacher. When I found out I said to Alex he had better be gay or something like that. Sure enough I hit the nail on the head! In fact on the first day after I picked her up she asked why her teacher talked funny and all I said was I don't know why don't you ask him. I know I'm horrible, but wouldn't you?
Anyways, you are probably wondering who has time to get up at 7am and curl their daughter's ridiculously thick hair on the first day of school and all I have to say to that is NOT ME. I woke up and went in my bathroom only to find Alex curling each hair (so I showed him a little faster method) and it took him over 45 minutes. What a good Dad! Oh, and he remebered to take this picture. So either he is a really good Dad or I'm am a horrible Mom, you choose, just don't tell me.
And here is the reason I went to Utah. My nephew just got home from his mission in Fiji and you will notice the beautiful dresses he brought home for his sister (the blonde), his girlfriend (blue dress) and his Mom (last but not least the attractive green/orange dress on the right).
2 comments:
Wow, that's way too fast...Veronica can't be that old yet...crazy! I'm totally with you on the taking them to school thing! Way to go Alex...that's awesome...Daniel won't even put a clip in Keira's hair!
Those are AWESOME!! Gotta love missionaries gifts.
Post a Comment